20101213

Five Wishes

Five Wishes

How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True

by Gay Hendricks (Author) A cocktail party conversation changed Gay Hendricks’ life forever. A man he’d never met asked him to imagine himself on his deathbed, pondering the question “Was my life a complete success?” And if it wasn’t, the stranger wondered, why? “What would be the things you’d wish had happened that would...

Daylily from my garden this summer. 
So far this is what I've come up with -
My life was a complete success because I
  1. gave the time my loved ones and I deserved to have together
  2. was present in nature whenever possible
  3. focused time and energy on diet, exercise, overall health, and healing
  4. continually committing time to my education and used the knowledge to better the lives of those in my community
  5. earned financial freedom to live my life as I desired while working jobs that I loved
    1. Appreciate what I had when I had it - didn't have to go out and get the newest things because I already had so much to work with what I had
My next step is to come up with actions that will help me achieve these goals.   I highly recommend this thought provoking book.  I have read other books that ask me to set goals and I usually get hung up there.  This was just the question I needed to be asked to help set the goals.   Now that the list is in writing it can be tweaked as necessary but will help me focus energy on my priorities.  I can also go back to the other books and pick up where I left off then I can pass them on to their next owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment