20100707

Tour de Fleece Day 1

Team Phat
July 3, Day 1
Time spinning 3 hours


I spun about three hours yesterday - I finished a braid of Spincerely superwash blue faced leicester. I had started it the day before as I was confused on the start day (oops). I really enjoyed the instructional video from PhatFiberLady that I just watched. I wanted to keep my colorsways intact as well  - but I took a different approach. No predrafting at all - not even fluffing it more than it came to me. I grazed back and forth off the top. I started spinning out on the deck - took some before shots so you could see how much was on the bobbin to begin with.
image title
Then I moved down to the basement to watch a movie named Tenure (what was up with the big foot storyline?) with my husband. I told him I was part of a team spinning competition and he said, “Cool!” I spin in the dark all the time when we watch movies so it is not quite pitch black. Confession: sometimes I fall asleep - but my hands know what to do - right! The movie finished and I was bound and determined to finish the braid and I did. I used a short forward draft at a distance.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pDE1L-PClV92W3zOKfdPPg?feat=directlink
Not quite a full bobbin.





image title
I will probably Navajo ply it - so here is a ply back.
I don’t normally take pictures of my spinning so I imagine that will improve over the course of the TDF. I set up a Picasa account today so this should be quicker in the future.
Go team!
Ladee Sunshine :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful attractive information is visible in this blog and the very good article are procession in this blog. This info is very helpful for me with my project time and trust you very much for using the valuable info in this blog

    ReplyDelete