20100719

Tour de Fleece Day 17

Day 17
July 19
1.5 hours


What a wonderful day!  Very productive at work and I got to see some of my favorite people after work!  A group of my friends - we call ourselves the Lunar Ladies as we used to meet once a month and it happened around the full moon.  Now we still try to meet once a month but anywhere in the lunar cycle is is fine.  It is hard juggling 5 hectic schedules and we make a point not to meet on guild nights as that group is very important to us all to.  


We celebrated two birthdays--one belated May birthday and a very recent July birthday (note the lovely birthday crown)  In the picture below we are oohing and aahing over June's PhatFiber box!  This is very exciting to me as all the people that needed to see the box intact now have.  I can and will start spinning it very very soon!  





Spincerely was represented there - Jenny bought Leslie yarn for her birthday from my sister.  Now, I saw my Spincerely just yesterday and it must have been killing her not to tell me about what she did for and with my friends!  Of course, Spincerely did what she does best and put extra goodies in the package :)

My Olympus is still not quite functional but Leslie was good enough to take some shots with my iPhone.  She had fun taking pictures so I had a lot to choose from.  I selected this one of me spinning as I think it captures the way I feel around my friends - very very happy :)  This picture also embodies just how difficult it was for me to not smile for an entire week!



When I came home my husband and I watched the second show of the second season of *True Blood* and I continued to spin my Natchwoolie Blue Hawaii.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it tomorrow or not - I hope so - it is my volunteer night and I have much to do for updates on Brooks Memorial Library's website that I maintain.  I will get some spinning in and I'm enjoying it soooooo much!  I'm spinning this milk/bamboo blend from the fold and it is coming out soooooo very smooth.



I love reading about my teammates projects - you ladies are such inspiration.

Go Team Phat!

1 comment: