20100711

Tour de Fleece Fiber Prep

Color Blending on English combs. 

Since I don't have a hackle and I needed to blend some of these intense colors that Spincerely dyed for me to my specifications - I had alwasy intended to blend them but on a drum carder with naturally colored fibers.  I was playing with my diz and thinking that I would much rather have a blend that would produce a more worsted vs. woolen yarn so I went up to my studio and got out my deadly English Combs.


I lashed on several of the warm colors, brought the ends down to a point.  Jenny Bakriges always refered to this as a goats beard.  Pocked it through one of the larger slots in my diz. and . . .



gradually pulled the fibers through alternating my hand position when pulling from top to bottom to side to side.



I then made a basketful of pretty little bird nests.



Can't wait to start spinning this!  I believe Monday is a day of rest for the race so I'll start in on this basket on Tuesday.  If I can hold off on testing one . . .
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhhh! Very purty!!! I had somehow missed this post. Look at you, you are like a real blogger now!

    ReplyDelete