20100711

Tour de Fleece Day 9

Day 9! (stage 8 - I'm a little confused)

July 11
Time 2 hours spinning




Finished the first 4.5 oz batt from Spincerely's Merino/Bamboo/Nylon roving.

I'm not quite sure what happened but my ball winder was not cooperating and I took my own spill (3 times) I spent two hours (not counting above) emptying the bobbin! What a mess. I wish I could have just fixed it without spending so much time being frustrated. You know it's not like I spent two hours handling something course or worse smelly. This was soft and smooth but still I couldn't help thinking that I could be plying right now!


I spent two hours doing fiber prep which I know doesn't count but it made me happy!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it is confusing that the race stages of de France and the days of de Fleece don't match. The de France has a Prologue Day, but the de Fleece does not. So the Stages and the days do not match up.

    I'm disappointment that Lance is out but he still has a team member in the running and the guy that won today is kind of cute and did you SEE how HAPPY he was???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - he was very excited! What a day to figure out I could watch the Tour from home though. :(

    ReplyDelete