20100718

Tour de Fleece Day 15

Day 15
July 17
4.5 hours spinning

What a productive day!

This morning my niece assisted me in putting my loom back together.  A few months ago I totally dissembled it to move it from one floor to another.  The braking system came to me rusted and I really wanted to tackle that before putting it entirely back together.  So armed with steel wool and bands we went to work on the breaking system.


Before


After

Then we worked on aligning the harnesses and treadles - I can tweak it some more when the warp is on it but I'm ready to weave again - well as soon as the TDF is over anyways.



We went kayaking and saw:

  • 2 geese
  • 2 ducks
  • Lots of fish, dragonflies, damselflies, red winged blackbirds
  • 1 swan
  • 1 turtle
  • 1 great blue heron that startled us both and we both jumped in our kayaks when if dropped out of a tree right in front of us and made its hideous call has it flew away from us.  In all fairness we probably startled it as much as it startled us.
We even found time to garden.

I spun while we were watching episodes of her new favorite show, Bones - second only to NCIS.



I finished the singles of the dehaired llama :)



 I'm now spinning Natchwoolie's Blue Hawaii Indigo dyed milk/bamboo blend!  I'm so happy :)

Go Team Phat!

1 comment:

  1. A loom with brakes! Wow!!! I can't wait to see what speeds it hits on the downhills! (I know, stupid joke, could not resist...) I would have loved to have seen you jump out of your seats in your boats! Of course, had I been there, I would have been jumping too!

    ReplyDelete